Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter. No matter the season, it is always a great time to freshen up your house to be sure new buyers are attracted to your home.
Here are some inexpensive ways to assure that your home is free from smells caused by pets, kitchen odors, cigarette smoke, etc. in order to make it pleasant and inviting to potential buyers.
- Find the source of the bad smell and eliminate it. This could be a garbage pail sitting in the sun or a sink disposal that’s filled with food debris.
- Use a chunk of cedar or sandalwood in drawers and closets for a fresh smell.
- Simmer some cinnamon sticks and water in a pot on the stove.
- Dab a favorite essential oil onto a piece of fabric and stash it wherever you want a pleasant smell.
- Toss a used dryer sheet in the linen closet to keep sheets and towels smelling freshly washed.
- Grow herbs in a window box. When the breeze blows the fresh smell of basil or rosemary will come into the home.
- Keep fresh flowers or plants inside the home. They’ll filter the air and provide a pleasant aroma.
- Use lemons to clean the sink and kitchen surfaces for a fresh, citrus smell.
- Bake some cookies or another dessert for a wonderful aroma.
- Place a tray of fallen pine needles on a cookie sheet sprayed with a little water into a warm oven.
- Push cloves into an orange. Hang the clove-studded orange on a string and place in a corner. The orange clove scent will slowly fill the room.
- Open up the windows and let fresh air in.
- Bathe and groom your pets frequently.